Wednesday, September 2, 2015

#WorkoutWednesday

Today was bring your puppy to work day!! #WorkoutWithYourPuppyWednesday

Today was an easy day at the office especially with this little big nutball.
Especially after a heavy upper body workout yesterday it was nice to play around today.
I have found that adding sprints to my workouts every day is helping me feel a lot better. Over the years I never did much running and i regret it every year.

Today started off with 30m sprints with Khaleesi for 20 minutes. Most of the time I ended up just chasing her around but that counts right? She is actually really good at racing!!! We taught her as a little pup "ready, set, go!" and she is getting really good at it off leash (most of the time...)

Sprints were followed by 500 medball reps. Medicine ball was on the lighter side.. which consisted of variations of over, under, forward, chest pass, side to side, double and single hand. Its fun to mix it up and make up new drills that way it doesn't get too repetitive and you can make sure each one is really worth it. Its definitely important to keep it interesting, nothing is worse than just "getting through" the workout.. each drill has to be done with the same intensity.


Walking plate twists and pullovers were next. The walking plate twists were only with a 25 lb plate but I did 3 sets of 30 meter walks with a twist. I need to increase the weight next time because they are starting to get too easy. Pullovers were a pain in the butt after a heavy arm day yesterday so I went easy 3 sets of 20 with a 25 lb dumbbell.

Finished up with 3 sets of 10 box jumps and core!
Core is my jam.. I keep trying to increase my core exercises in the hopes I can really strengthen it and maybe just maybeeee get some abssss!!

Tomorrow is leg day -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment