Friday, September 4, 2015

Deadlifts and Donuts

That's a thing right, deadlifts and donuts? I mean it should be..


Leg day is exactly what everyone proclaims it to be... so you understand why donuts should be apart of this fantastic day.......

Thursday was legs on legs on legs starting with sprints! I have been working out with a new secret weapon at Prolific and love every training session with Ryan and Tyler. They have really helped transform me in such a short amount of time and I cant thank them enough. My sprint work was followed by some pretty serious dead lifts. I ended up at 4 sets of 6 at 275 pounds alternating with some bounding. The rest of the day consisted of step ups, split squats, core and some hip drills.  It may not sound like a lot but lets just say I was in bed at 9. Yes, 9.

The only thing worse than leg day is the day after leg day.......

Leg day got us like.....
Starting off this wonderful Friday was 600 medicine ball. I split it up into two sets of 300 each and did sets of 15 to 50 (depending on the drill). I tend to favor the double hand drills and the drills that utilize my core like side to side twists.  Extension abs 4 sets of 15 (5 each way) helped me break up the 600 medball.

Next was my absolute favorite drill..............HOSE DRAGS (that's sarcasm.. I actually very much dislike them) but I ended up doing two sets of 4 at 40 yards. I am breaking those in and will end up adding more and more as the training picks up.

To break up the hose drags I added in some sledge swings to help loosen up my sore back and shoulders.. that are stilllll sore from Tuesday! As the weeks go on I plan to add more drills like sit up snatches that I did today. I only did 3 sets of 10 with just the bar. Those are tiring especially since I have stayed away from most lifts up until now. Hopefully sneaking in some of those will help me better transition into the next phase of training.

Lastly I ended with some 60 yard sprints.
TGIF

Happy Fridayyyyyy and cheers to a long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment